Paeonia Trails is a new established company inspired from our love to the island of Rhodes. Our effort is to escape from the conventional tourist models and show the other, hidden side of the island. Important to us is to involve all visitors in the unique nature and culture and create memorable experiences.
Why book with us?
We are locals that love our place.
We are experts in nature and culture.
We want to emerge the greek way of life and hospitality.
We prefer small groups that promote the personal contact.
Accompaniment of one to expert English, German, Italian and Greek speaking guides. Any other language can be arranged upon request.
All excursion details (point of departure, exact timetable, etc) will be sent to you either by mail or by any other way requested, at least 2 days in advance.
Minimum number of participants: 4
All you need to do is make sure your clothes are comfortable and the only thing to bring is sunscreen and a keen spirit!
- | 0 |.Up to 2 hours’ hike with little to gentle gradients on minor roads. Ideal for everybody.
- | 1 |.Up to 3 hours’ hike with gentle gradients on minor roads and paths. Ideal for beginners in average physical condition and children of 10 years old minimum.
- | 2 |.Up to 3 hours’ hike with gentle gradients on minor roads, paths and off-road paths. Ideal for beginners in average physical condition and children of 10 years old minimum.
- | 3 |.Up to 5 hours’ hike with gentle to moderate gradients on minor roads and paths. Ideal for beginners in average physical condition and children of 12 years old minimum..
- | 4 |.Up to 5 hours’ hike with moderate to steep gradients on minor roads, paths and off-road paths. Ideal for experienced hikers in good physical condition.
- | 5 |.Up to 5 hours’ hike with moderate to extremely steep gradients on minor roads, paths and off-road paths. Ideal for experienced hikers in good physical condition.
Average physical condition: occasional exercise.
Good physical condition: regular weekly exercise.
RESERVATIONS – CANCELATIONS
Due to the limited number of participants, make sure you book on time.
After all arrangements are made, a minimum deposit of 40% of the total cost is submitted in order to consider the booking valid.
If for any reason you need to cancel your registration you receive full refund on the condition you give a minimum 8 days’ notice.
Each excursion has a minimum booking requirement and excursions are subject to cancellation by the organizer if the minimum numbers are not met.
An itinerary within the nature of Monolithos; a village with stone-built houses and picturesque lanes. The route spans around the imposing chivalric castle that stands on a steep. The view from the castle is so exceptional; leaving one speechless. Following, we will get to know some of the locals and taste the delicious, authentic cuisine of the area. Finally, in Glyfada area, the adventure goes on as we follow a forest path that leads to a hidden, solitary beach. Then, swimming in the crystal clean water with the islands of Chalki and Alimia so close on sight… A truly memorable experience.
In Apollona, the village of Apollo, we will have the chance to experience the real island hospitality, have a hands-on cooking lesson given by a local lady, taste authentic food and wine, make our own wax-ointment with the local olive oil and bee wax, learn about the ancient and modern history of the village, while being guided to the unique folklore museum. The -19th century- church of the village, built on the ruins of an ancient temple, is also of a special interest. Lastly at the traditional tavern we are going to taste authentic local dishes, some of them made by our own hands in the traditional way.